Measles is a highly contagious viral disease that can be contracted at any age, and that can spread widely. It is a serious disease that can lead to complications and even death. Measles symptoms usually appear after 10-12 days of infection:
- initial symptoms resemble a cold with a runny nose, cough and a mild fever;
- the eyes become red and sensitive to light;
- on the third to seventh day, the temperature may reach up to 41 ⁰C;
- a red rash lasting four to seven days begins on the face and then spreads over the entire body;
- small white spots may also appear on the gums and the inside of the cheeks.
Read more facts about measles