Joint meeting EU/EEA Tuberculosis (TB) Surveillance Network and WHO/Europe National TB Programme Managers
This meeting brought together TB experts from countries belonging to the WHO European Region and surveillance experts from EU/EEA countries to discuss the common goals of eliminating TB in Europe.
During the joint session, both groups discussed the latest developments relevant to all 53 Member States of the WHO European Region.
The meeting of the EU/EEA TB surveillance network, organised by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC), aimed to:
- Provide an overview of the TB epidemiological situation in the EU/EEA countries;
- Agree on the role of TB diagnostic tests, social determinants and risk factors for TB in TB surveillance;
- Update the network on ECDC’s recent activities.
Participation was by invitation only.
In parallel, the WHO Regional Office for Europe (WHO/Europe) organised the National TB Programme Managers’ meeting, which aimed to:
- Review the adaptation of the TB action plan for the WHO European Region 2016–2020 by Member States through an interactive poster session;
- Discuss the progress and challenges in TB prevention, control and care in the Region;
- Improve the understanding of participants on people-centred TB care and social protection;
- Update Member States and partners on regional initiatives: (i) strengthening TB laboratory services; (ii) introduction of new drugs; (iii) engagement of civil society in ending TB in the Region; and (iv) cross-border TB control and care.
Participation required registration via the WHO secretariat.
World Tuberculosis Day - 2019
24 Mar 2019 to 24 Mar 2019 - World Tuberculosis Day, marked each year on 24 March, is an occasion to raise awareness and advocate for efforts to eliminate TB. It is high time to end TB.
World Tuberculosis Day - 2018
24 Mar 2018 to 24 Mar 2018 - World Tuberculosis Day - marked each year on 24 March – is an occasion to raise awareness and advocate for efforts to eliminate TB.