Course on principles and computer tools for outbreak investigations
The objective of this course was to strengthen the participants’ knowledge and skills related to the investigation of communicable disease outbreaks affecting one or several European Union countries.
The course had two major pedagogical components: the self- learning module and a face-to-face training workshop. The curriculum included topics such as:
- Components of an outbreak investigation;
- Descriptive epidemiology (person, space and time), applied to outbreak situations;
- Study design in analytic epidemiology, applied to outbreak situations;
- Data collection;
- Data analysis;
- Report writing;
- Short presentations from participants.
Competencies acquired enabled participants, to conduct the following activities independently:
- Plan and conduct a descriptive study of an outbreak investigation;
- Choose between different designs for conducting analytical epidemiological investigations of an outbreak;
- Communicate the results of outbreak investigations.
Epidemiology and public health microbiology for facilitators
21 Sep 2015 to 25 Sep 2015 - This course focused on methods used to teach field epidemiology through two types of activities: interactive presentations (including discussion of the instructional design, pedagogical aspects of public health microbiology, surveillance, outbreak investigation, statistics, analytical epidemiology, research and communication) and introduction to the case studies and specific group work activities.
ECDC Summer School 2015
9 Jun 2015 to 12 Jun 2015 - The ECDC Summer School 2015 was held in Stockholm (9-12 June).