E-learning course on Epidemic Intelligence (EI)
This course contains basic knowledge about how ECDC conducts its Epidemic Intelligence activities.
This is a self-paced course and the estimated duration is about 2 - 4 hours of active learning.
After the completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define Epidemic Intelligence (EI)
- Summarise the reasons for doing EI
- Apply the ECDC methodology and processes of EI
- Identify tools used in EI
- Contribute to strengthen EI capacities (Team/Institution)
- Participate in the development of a common approach among stakeholders on EI activities
ECDC Virtual Academy (EVA)
An online training platform in the area of disease prevention and control, with open and restricted courses, webinars and video lecturesRead more
ECDC activities on epidemic intelligence and outbreak response
Monitoring and assessing threats to public health in Europe from infectious diseases are core tasks for ECDC, as is providing technical support to the EU-level response to such threats.Read more