Dengue - Annual Epidemiological Report for 2018
This report is based on data for 2018 retrieved from The European Surveillance System (TESSy) on 10 September 2019.
- For 2018, 27 countries reported 2 191 cases of dengue, of which 2 033 (92.8%) were confirmed.
- Fourteen autochthonous dengue cases were reported from continental Europe by France (n=8) and Spain (n=6).
- The EU/EEA notification rate in 2018 was 0.4 cases per 100 000 population. • The highest rates in both men and women were in those aged 25–44 years.
- The number of cases peaked in November.
- Thirty-four percent of the cases with known probable country of infection were imported from Thailand.