Leptospirosis - Annual Epidemiological Report for 2018
• For 2018, 25 EU/EEA countries reported 802 confirmed cases of leptospirosis.
• The notification rate was 0.16 confirmed cases per 100 000 population in the EU/EEA.
• There was no obvious long-term trend as the notification rate fluctuated between 0.13 and 0.21 cases per 100 000 population, in the period from 2014–2018.
• Human leptospirosis was more common in adults, and notification rates were higher for males than females in all age groups.
• Leptospirosis cases show a strong seasonality, with higher rates in summer and autumn.
Annual Epidemiological Reports (AERs)
The Annual Epidemiological Reports (AERs) are key ECDC publication on the epidemiology of communicable diseases of public health significance in Europe.Read more