Leptospirosis - Annual Epidemiological Report for 2017
• For 2017, 25 EU/EEA countries reported 931 confirmed cases of leptospirosis.
• The notification rate was 0.20 confirmed cases per 100 000 population in the EU/EEA.
• There was no obvious long-term trend as the notification rate fluctuated between 0.10 and 0.21 cases per 100 000 population, in the period from 2013–2017.
• Human leptospirosis was more common in adults, and notification rates were higher for males than females in all age groups.
• Leptospirosis cases show a strong seasonality, with higher rates in summer and autumn.