ECDC on social media
The European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control uses social media in order to communicate, inform and increase awareness about the scope of its work, as well as to better listen to, engage with and get feedback from the public. The social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Pinterest are managed by members of the ECDC communication team.
Our goal on social media is to provide important information in a timely and efficient manner. We monitor and manage the channels on a daily basis, but due to the workload or the working hours of the Centre, some delay in replying or content management may occur. We therefore ask for your patience and understanding in this regard.
Our main language for publishing content is English. By following or “liking” accounts, we do not indicate ECDC’s endorsement.
All content published on our channels is copyright of the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, unless stated otherwise.
We are happy to hear your views and opinions via all sorts of social media means (mentions, replies, comments etc.), but to keep our shared discussion space civilised and friendly for everyone, we need to ask you to follow a couple of rules.
- avoid inflammatory, insulting, discriminatory or offensive language - showing disrespect to other users in any way will not be tolerated;
- avoid posting any sort of illegal, defamatory, libellous content; infringing anyone’s rights to: privacy/personal data protection/copyrights will not be tolerated either;
- avoid posting content that may contain sensitive, proprietary or confidential information;
- avoid off-topic discussions, spamming, repetitive or comments that are disruptive;
- refrain from promoting products or services;
- refrain from any other actions that may violate Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Pinterest Terms and Conditions of Use;
- publishing fake news and/or deliberate disinforming the ECDC social media community will be met with an immediate and permanent ban.
To maintain the good quality of discussion we reserve the right to:
- not respond, hide or delete any content posted on our channels that break the rules mentioned above;
- ban users who continuously fail to adhere to the rules.
We use a range of monitoring and social media statistical tools, collecting aggregated data about our followers for research and better moderation. In no case are we processing personal data of social media users. The collection of data is covered by the user terms and license agreement of each of the social media platforms.
In case you have any questions or comments regarding these guidelines, please feel free to contact our social media team.
Other Twitter accounts
ECDC: On Air
Listen to our on air podcast ECDC: on air is the ECDC's podcast on epidemiology, offering a peek behind the scenes at the agency. You can find it on Spotify, Apple, Soundcloud and Youtube.