The work of the Centre is characterised by a high level of professionalism and efficiency. We believe each and every staff member’s contribution is important in making the Centre a good place to work with a strong team spirit. We can offer the opportunity to be an important part of a dynamically developing European Agency.
ECDC values diversity and welcomes staff without any distinction on the grounds of age, race, political, philosophical, or religious conviction, sex or sexual orientation and regardless of disabilities, marital status or family situation.
The core values of ECDC are to be a quality-driven, service-minded organisation that acts as one team. We expect all staff to live these values.
Everything we deliver is useful. This means that we:
- search for knowledge that improves our work,
- handle others’ time and money with respect,
- evaluate and learn from both success and mistakes,
- challenge and take action when needed,
- communicate the level of quality given the available resources.
We act on the needs of others. This means that we:
- ask questions to understand,
- keep our promises,
- give a helping hand,
- respond quickly,
- make ourselves available.
We value contributions from everyone. This means that we:
- listen to others and value diversity,
- learn from others and share our knowledge,
- receive and give constructive feedback,
- meet, cooperate and coordinate our work with colleagues,
- add value to the team.