Proofreading and editing services for the scientific journal Eurosurveillance
Eurosurveillance is a European peer-reviewed scientific journal devoted to the epidemiology, surveillance, prevention and control of communicable diseases, with a focus on such topics that are of relevance to Europe. It is a weekly online journal, published every Thursday, and features short rapid communications, and regular research articles, surveillance and outbreak articles, reviews and perspectives. The entire content is open access, free of charge for both readers and authors (www.eurosurveillance.org).
All articles in Eurosurveillance undergo a rigorous peer review by independent reviewers to guarantee unbiased selection based on scientific quality. Eurosurveillance editors provide a high level of editorial support and see it as a service to their readers and authors to ensure that each published article is as correct and readable as possible within the constraints of time.
The editorial team are looking for editorial support for copy editing and proofreading for regular articles after peer review that are accepted for editing by the editorial team. Services should be provided according to the Eurosurveillance standards and style guide.
The purpose of assignments will be:
• To copy edit and proofread pre-styled (with eXtyles) regular articles in Microsoft word format, after peer review and revisions, for which revisions have been have been checked by an editor of Eurosurveillance and that have been ‘accepted and queued for editing’ by the editorial team.
• To prepare graphics in Microsoft word, excel or ppt format following the Eurosurveillance style for layout by the ECDC graphic designer.
• To liaise with the authors during the editing process to agree on editorial changes and to obtain adequate answers to queries. This should be done via email with the Eurosurveillance editorial team in cc.
• To collaborate closely with the editorial team and to clear pre-final manuscripts with the Editor-in-chief and ensure that her possible additional comments for authors are addressed before handing back a final version to the editorial team who will send the final version of the manuscript to authors’ approval before publication.
• To deliver final articles including figures and tables and formatted references (where not formatted by eXtyles) for publication within agreed timeframes, usually 3 weeks from the assignment.
The requested deliverables will be final articles including figures, tables, boxes and formatted references, signed off by the editor-in-chief that can be sent by the editorial team to authors for approval before publication.