Joint Meeting of the National Focal Points for Preparedness and Response and for Threat Detection, EWRS and IHR
Representatives from European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA) public health authorities, ECDC and other international organisations meet in Stockholm to discuss a range of current topics relevant for effective preparedness and response to infectious diseases outbreaks and for strengthening collaboration.
The agenda of this annual joint meeting of the ECDC National Focal Points (NFP) for Preparedness and Response and the NFP for Threat Detection, Early Warning and Response Systems (EWRS) and International Health Regulations (IHR), includes the following topics:
- Implications of One Health for preparedness, response and threat detection.
- Global environmental change as a driver for infectious diseases in Europe.
- Latest developments in ECDC tools to support preparedness and response activities.
- Community engagement in public health emergencies: ECDC projects and countries’ experiences.
- Overview of EU Joint Actions – Strengthening infectious disease control in the EU.
- Overview of ECDC preparedness, response & threat detection activities for 2019.
- A keynote speech on emerging infectious diseases through the eyes of a filmmaker.
The meeting is by invitation only and convenes also representatives from the European Commission (EC), World Health Organisation (WHO), EU enlargement countries and European Neighbourhood Policy partner countries.
Public health networks
The National Focal Points (NFP) and Operational Contacts Points (OCP) for the below public health functions constitute the ECDC Public Health Networks.Read more
Preparedness aims to minimise the risks posed by communicable diseases and mitigate their impact during a public health emergency, regardless of the scale (local, regional, national, European). This requires the capacities and capabilities for effective planning, coordination, early detection, assessment, investigation, response to and communication in public health emergencies.Read more