Joint Meeting of the National Focal Points for Preparedness and Response and for Threat Detection, EWRS and IHR
Representatives from European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) and EU enlargement public health authorities, ECDC and other international organisations meet in Stockholm to discuss a range of current topics relevant for effective preparedness and response to infectious diseases outbreaks and for strengthening collaboration.
The agenda of this annual joint meeting of the ECDC National Focal Points (NFP) for Preparedness and Response and the NFP for Threat Detection, Early Warning and Response Systems (EWRS) and International Health Regulations (IHR), is organised following the preparedness and response cycle: Anticipation, response, recovery (before, during and after a public health threat event). The cross cutting topic of the meeting is: “From peacetime to public health crisis: Member states and ECDC planning together”.
During the meeting the following topics will be covered:
- Anticipation stage of a public health crisis.
- EU public health program joint actions in the area of preparedness, IHR core capacities and points of entry
- Early detection enhancement
- Response phase of a health emergency, including discussion on emergency operation centres, progress of the epidemic intelligence tools and discussion on how to measure preparedness
- Recovery phase, including experiences on recovering from seasonal influenza and a panel discussion on After Action review practices
- A keynote speech on a historical perspective of infectious diseases.
The meeting is by invitation only and convenes also representatives from the European Commission (EC) and World Health Organisation (WHO).