European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology (ESCAIDE)
2014, The European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology (ESCAIDE) took place on 5-7 November 2014 at the Stockholm Waterfront Congress Centre in the heart of the city. The conference was set to include five plenary sessions and around 300 presentations on all aspects of infectious disease control and prevention.
The conference started with Dr. Ilaria Capua’s keynote address on globalisation and pathogens. Dr. Capua is a veterinarian by training and has devoted most of her professional life to virology. In 2011, she was the first female recipient of the Penn Vet World Leadership Award. In 2014, she received the Excellence Award conferred by the European Society for Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases.
Other major topics that ESCAIDE 2014 addressed were:
- "How are cross-border health threats dealt with in the EU" With an introduction from Martin Seychell, Deputy Director-General for Consumers and Health, European Commission; presentations on preparedness and risk assessment at an EU level; and risk management and risk assessment at national level.
- "Primum non nocere – Why engineer microbes to be more dangerous to humankind" A plenary discussion with Dr. Filippa Lentzos and Dr. Simon Wain-Hobson.
- Surveillance of influenza in humans and animals, emerging and vector-borne diseases, attitudes to vaccines and effectiveness of vaccination, and many more.
At the end of its first day, this year’s Conference piloted the BarCamp@ESCAIDE event, an informal get-together to discuss raw ideas, data and methodological challenges and more with peers and seniors.
For the latest updates:
• ESCAIDE website: www.escaide.eu
• ESCAIDE Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/escaide
• ECDC on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ECDC_EU
Use the hashtag #ESCAIDE
To receive updates by email, please join the ESCAIDE mailing list by subscribing to the following address:firstname.lastname@example.org
European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology (ESCAIDE 2019)
27 Nov 2019 to 29 Nov 2019 - ESCAIDE is the leading conference in Europe dealing with infectious diseases and epidemiology. This year’s conference will focus on issues shaping infectious disease epidemiology and microbiology in the next decade and beyond.
ECDC holds the annual Observership programme for ESCMID, EUCIC and ESCV members
2 Sep 2019 to 6 Sep 2019 - As every year, ECDC organised a week-long programme for observers from the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), the European Committee on Infection Control (EUCIC) and the European Society for Clinical Virology (ESCV) from 2 to 6 September 2019.