ECDC turns 10: Looking towards the infectious disease challenges for Europe
As part of the 10-year anniversary events, ECDC hosted a scientific seminar to discuss some of the pressing public health challenges to Europe, such as antimicrobial resistance and influenza.
The speakers at the seminar were:
- Dr Andrea Ammon, ECDC Acting Director
- Dr Ilaria Capua, Istituto Zooprofilattico Sperimentale delle Venezie IZSVe; Member of Parliament, Italy
- Professor Dame Sally Davies, Chief Medical Officer, United Kingdom
- Dr Marta Hugas, European Food Safety Agency (EFSA)
- Dr Professor Bruno Lina, Professor of Virology, Université de Lyon, France
- Dr Florin Popovici, Senior Epidemiologist, National Institute of Public Health, Romania
- Xavier Prats Monné, Director-General, DG Health and Food Safety, European Commission
- Professor Dr Lothar H Wieler, President, Robert Koch Institute, Germany
- Gabriel Wikström, Minister for Healthcare, Public Health and Sport, Sweden
ECDC was honoured that the event was also attended by H.R.H. Crown Princess Victoria, and its former directors, Dr Zsuzsanna Jakab and Dr Marc Sprenger.
This event was by invitation only.
European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology 2018
21 Nov 2018 to 23 Nov 2018 - The European Scientific Conference on Applied Infectious Disease Epidemiology (ESCAIDE) is an annual three-day scientific conference, open to the wider communicable disease surveillance community.
Consultation on digital technologies for public health functions
24 Mar 2020 to 25 Mar 2020 - At a meeting on 24-25 March 2020, ECDC will consult with European learned societies, professional associations, industry representations as well as EU and international partner institutions and technical experts in the field.