15th Meeting of the National Microbiology Focal Points
The ECDC National Microbiology Focal Points and National Surveillance Focal Points from EU/EEA countries convened to discuss the integration of genomic epidemiology into EU level surveillance.
The meeting focused on:
- Updates from the ECDC Public Health Microbiology Programme and the Commission
- Preliminary results from EULabCap 2015
- Lessons learned from ECDC’s EQA review 2010-15
- Challenges and solutions regarding the integration of genomic epidemiology integration into EU level surveillance
- Feedback on laboratory capacity strengthening – addressing laboratory capacity needs
ECDC holds the annual Observership programme for ESCMID, EUCIC and ESCV members
2 Sep 2019 to 6 Sep 2019 - As every year, ECDC organised a week-long programme for observers from the European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases (ESCMID), the European Committee on Infection Control (EUCIC) and the European Society for Clinical Virology (ESCV) from 2 to 6 September 2019.
Public Health Genomics – an introduction
23 Oct 2019 to 24 Oct 2019 - This workshop is designed to strengthen the capacity to use whole genome sequencing of human pathogens for public health investigations in EU/ EEA Member States.