New visiting address starting 3 April 2018
European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC)
Gustav III:s Boulevard 40
From Arlanda airport
There are many taxi companies to choose from in Stockholm. Approved taxis with metered fares always bear yellow number plates. Credit cards are readily accepted. ECDC visiting address is Gustav III:s Boulevard 40, 16973 Stockholm. Read more about taxis in Stockholm.
The airport shuttle (Flygbussarna) bus route to Stockholm Cityterminalen stops at Frösunda, which is within walking distance of ECDC. Read more about the airport coaches.
- Other public transport (e.g., tram, underground metro)
- Arlanda Express: The train offers the quickest route to the Stockholm central station. Read more about Arlanda Express .
- Commuter trains: The commuter train (Pendeltåg) provides a direct route from the airport to Ulriksdal station, from which bus 509 can be taken to bus station Frösunda.
Via Stockholm public transport
ECDC premises are easy to reach using Stockholm's public transport system (Stockholmslokaltrafik/SL). The following transport options are available for visitors to ECDC:
- Buses that stop at Frösunda (near ECDC)
- Underground: (Tunnelbana or T-bana) Red Line to Danderyds sjukhus, change to bus 177 (towards Skärvik).
- Commuter train: (Pendeltåg) Solna station, change to bus 177 (towards Skärvik).
To travel on public transport in Stockholm, you will need to use an SL access card. The card can be purchased for 20 SEK and then loaded with money for single trips or with a ticket that is valid for a set period of time, for example 24 hrs, 48 hrs or 1 week. Stockholm's public transport system is split into three zones. Both ECDC and central Stockholm are located within zone A. More information on different ticketing options is available on the SL website. For timetables please use the SL journey planner.