Train-the-trainers - Epidemiological methods applied to vaccine preventable diseasesArchived
This 3-day workshop was focused on building the capacity to organize, manage, and conduct training on epidemiological methods applied to vaccine-preventable diseases (VPD). The goal was to improve the participants’ skills as trainers.
Main contents to be covered were:
- VPD Surveillance;
- Investigation of VPD outbreaks;
- Epidemiological studies of VPDs (safety / adverse events following immunisation, vaccine effectiveness, etc.);
- Effective methods for adult learning.
After attending the workshop, the participant should be:
- familiar with interactive and adult learning methods, e.g. case studies;
- able to lecture on surveillance, outbreak investigation and applied epidemiological research of VPD;
- able to facilitate case studies in these areas;
- able to define the target audience and to adjust material/contents;
- able to mobilise resources (human, budget, etc) to organise training in this area.
The target audience included epidemiologists/public health experts from EU member states (MS) and EEA/EFTA countries involved in surveillance of VPDs and immunisation issues in their regular activities at national or regional levels.
The workshop combined lectures, group discussion, participant presentations, and interactive case studies. Practical exercises were based on real investigations. Reference lectures and materials to develop training on epidemiological aspects of VPDs in the participants’ countries was also provided.
Flu Awareness Week, 21-25 October 2019
21 Oct 2019 to 25 Oct 2019 - The Flu Awareness Week is marked across the WHO European Region every year in October. It aims to raise awareness of the importance of vaccination for people’s health and well-being and to increase the uptake of seasonal influenza vaccination of people with underlying risk factors.
5th ESCMID Conference on Vaccines: Vaccines against respiratory infections: new insights and new vaccines
6 Sep 2019 to 8 Sep 2019 - ECDC experts will be presenting on a number of topics at the 5th ESCMID Conference on Vaccines in Bilbao on 6-8 September 2019.