The course will deliver a programme so that participants will walk away with a rational and emotional understanding of what Initial ‘People and Team’ Management is within the Public Health environment and how this can effectively support their own personal development by focussing on the fundamentals of effective People and Team Management
- Participants will gain a thorough understanding of what is required to motivate and manage individuals and teams successfully by using clear structures and tools to enable them to do this.
- Participants will leave with techniques to manage individuals, teams and themselves, for optimum results, and the motivation to put the acquired learning into practice in the workplace.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a People Manager within a Public Health environment when it comes to managing teams and individuals.
- Understand and identify different Management styles to get the best out of people and teams within a Public Health environment.
- Understanding team roles and team evolution and how this can inform team success.
- Describe and identify how to motivate teams to improve performance and generate loyalty and commitment.
- Explore and master how to delegate tasks effectively providing development opportunities for others.
- Understand and experience how to provide structured feedback to improve performance but also to minimise disruption when conflict occurs.
- Understand how ‘Initial People and Team Management’ can support the development and execution of EUPHEM Management Core Competencies.
- Understand and experience how ‘Initial People and Management’ skills can be applied within EUPHEM
- Facilitation oriented
- Live communication event
- Interactive and informative
- Emotionally engaging
- Experiential learning
- Everyone is treated as an equal; no hierarchies
challenging in a positive way, at a personal level
- Simulation exercise of a predicament situation