Call for Proposals - Biorisk
Annex I - Model for proposal
Annex II - Model Framework Partnership Agreement
Annex III - Form A - Form B - Model specific grant agreement
Annex IV - Declaration on honour
Annex V - Financial identification and legal entity forms
Annex VI - Rules on eligibility of costs
Annex VII - List of EU grants
Annex VIIIa - Estimated unit for year 1 activities
Annex VIIIb - Estimated unit prices for further activities
The deadline for submission of tenders has been extended. New deadline is 24 September 2009 at 16:00
Questions and Answers
: How does Annex I (the proposal outline) relate to the content of envelopes A, B and C?Answer
: The Annex I is a model of how the proposal has to be structured. As stated in the invitation letter the envelope A refers to the technical proposal. It is required according to the Annex I. The envelope B refers to the budget proposal (Annex VIII), which needs to be submitted, in addition to the executive summary (Annex I). These have to be submitted by the consortium as a whole. The envelope C refers to the supporting documentation. It is required by each member of the consortium, according to the requirements for submissions, indicated in the articles 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 to the call for proposal, eligibility, exclusion and selection criteria. The evidence provided by each member of the consortium will be checked to ensure that the consortium as a whole fulfils the criteria.
Question 2: Should a consortium agreement and/or signed versions of Annex III already be included in the proposal at this stage?
Answer: No. The document should be submitted within 60 calendar days after entry into force of the specific agreement with the modalities indicated in Article 1.2 Constitution of the Consortium of Annex II model framework partnership agreement.
Question 3: Each partner is to provide a signed version of their own budget form. Should their meeting costs however be fully borne by the coordinator in his/her budget sheet?
Answer: Financial contributions from the applicant, partners and other sources must be taken into account in the appropriate headings and must be consistent with the Partnership Declarations. The overall budget must be relevant, appropriate and consistent with the objectives of the project and well distributed among partners, taking into account the respective roles. The budget forms provided by ECDC in Microsoft Excel format (Annex VIIIa and VIIIb) must be correctly completed. It is important to include precise and detailed information: functions of the staff, units for the calculations (day, trip, book, pages, etc.), number of units, etc. Give a detailed estimation of each cost: ex. for printing or translation, specify the number of pages, the price by page, etc. For travels specify the number of trains tickets, planes tickets and the price for each, etc. Relatively to the meeting costs, they have to be declared by the institution that incurred the cost. It does not have necessarily to be borne by the coordinator. It depends on the consortium agreement and technical needs.
Question 4: Will ECDC fund the travel and subsistence costs of the expert group fully or only meet 90% of these costs?
Answer: ECDC will fund maximum 90% of the eligible costs of the action (see Annex VI - Rules on eligibility of costs). The awarded applicant may decide which expenditures will be classified within the 90% and which within the 10% that is financed by the applicant. The expenditures will be classified in a different table from the funding. All the 90% plus 10% of expenditures should be in classified as indicated in the reporting requirements in the grant and in the Annex VI.
Question 5: If the application is 100% funded and no other costs are claimed then do the letters of intent required from all partners need to refer to co-financing
Answer: The application can be financed up to 90% of the eligible costs. If the final implementation is for example nine/tenths of the initial plan, then the ECDC financing can only go up to 90% of those nine/tenths, and the applicant finances the other 10%. The letters of intent from the partners that are involved in the costs of the implementation of the action are required in any case. Please note that for Form A, there are up to 60 days after signature of the agreement in order to send them to ECDC.
Question 6: Are original forms required or are scanned signed forms acceptable?
Answer: Scanned forms are sufficient for sending in the application. Originals would then be requested in case of awarding. If possible already to send original, it is suggested to send those already.
Question 7: Do you require each partner to submit a separate budget document or will a full budget document provided by the lead applicant be enough?
Answer: The budget is requested by the applicant for the whole project. Additional indication of the contribution of the partners is information that give insight into the planning is judged positively.